Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 30


Another one down!

This week was fairly uneventful, if you don't count the track and field event that seems to be going on in my belly. It is the strangest feeling in the world to wake up to someone kicking you (from inside) in the middle of the night. Strange, but really, really cool.

I'm starting to get a little sad thinking about the fact that in just a few short weeks I won't have this little one all to myself anymore. I sat down to chat with a friend this week, and was so touched by what she shared with me. She was asking me if I had been enjoying the pregnancy (which I have- I've been so lucky to have felt pretty good this whole time), and she told me about how wonderful her last pregnancy was- about how much she loved being pregnant with her baby (who is now a young adult). What touched me the most was how she talked about the last weekend she had before she was scheduled to deliver her little girl, and how she was so emotional over the idea that once she was born her little girl would no longer belong only to her, but to the world. It's a powerful thing to think of having to let go of something that has belonged only to me (in the physical sense) for the last 7 months. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet, but I am so excited for Chris, and all of our family and friends, to get to meet Baby Miller and fall in love with him/her as much as I have. (And I'm secretly hoping that he/she will throw a few punches in each of your ribs once he/she gets here- so that you fully appreciate what I've been experiencing!)

No comments: