Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Week 29

I use to have feet, and I could see them when I looked down. Chris tells me that they're still there, but I have a brief moment of terror each morning when I sit down at my desk and realize that there is a distinct possibility that I may have on two different shoes. I now keep a spare pair of (matching) flip flops in my office so that I can correct any fashion mishaps that may occur as a result of not being able to see what's going on at the end of my legs.

Only 10 weeks left, but this week has left me wondering how I will ever make it that long...

When I think back to the times that Chris and I have been in training for big races, it doesn't seem like I was anywhere near as tired as I am right now. I can't sleep through the night (with the exception of Tuesday night, when I didn't move an inch until the alarm clock went off), and by 1:00pm I'm not sure how I am going to make it through another reading class and two private tutoring sessions. All I can say is, thank God for well behaved children... There is no doubt that the Big Guy new what he was doing when he orchestrated the timing of this pregnancy. I have been so blessed at this school, and I know that it was not a coincidence that this all happened like it did. God is good- ALL of the time.

Speaking of timing... We're still in the process of trying to pick out a crib, and this week is our deadline. It seems as though, generally speaking, it takes anywhere from 4-10 weeks to have a crib shipped, so we're now entering into the "red zone". I call it this not because of the urgency of placing the order for the crib that we have not yet found, but because of the color my face turns when I start to stress about having to house our firstborn child in a dresser drawer because his/her parents couldn't make a simple decision... I digress.

On a lighter note, Chris and I watched a show on TLC the other night about women who didn't know they were pregnant until the baby fell out in the campground bathroom or during their dinner break at work. Seriously? I think I watched the entire show with my mouth wide open in pure shock (and horror) over the idea that someone could carry a child for 9+ months and never even know. I thought Chris and I were behind on the planning, but we've got those jokers beat...

Tomorrow I'll be 30 weeks pregnant. Chris will write a funny blog about our little vegetable, and we'll be one week closer to meeting this little guy/gal. It's all very scary, but even more exciting, and I can't wait to meet the new Miller. He/she is in for quite a ride!

No comments: