Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 27

As week 27 comes to an end, I'm beginning to really realize that my body has changed a lot over the past 6 months. Take for example the fact that I can no longer bend over without feeling like there is a soccer ball in my stomach. Add to that the fact that I haven't been able to sleep through the night for the last week (natures way of preparing me for a baby?), and the (not so welcome) realization that doing yard work while pregnant is a sure-fire way to wake up with a crazy backache. So there you have it. I'm prego, and I'm old...

I must say that I've been very blessed throughout this whole pregnancy- I haven't been sick for any long amount of time, I've felt pretty good, and I've had an amazing support system.

The big news this week: I won't be going back to work in the fall. This has been a very hard decision, mostly because I adore my job, and I am terrified of the idea of being at home all day with a baby (a creature whose only form of communication for some time comes in the form of grunts, cries, nods, cries....). You get the picture. I do feel at peace with the decision, and I know that it is the best thing for our baby, but it's going to mean a lot of changes for the Miller family, and that's a little hard to swallow. We are blessed to have this option, and I just pray that I can be the mom (wow, that's crazy) that God has intended for me to be.

On a funny note: Chris and I went to the bookstore on Wednesday, and I gave him the mission of finding a book for the baby. He was game, and the next 10 minutes or so would have been nice to have on video... Chris found a book, Baby Goose, which is a collection of Mother Goose rhymes, and he proceeded to read EVERY one of rhymes OUT LOUD in the middle of the store. Priceless. To his credit, I think it was a good idea to take the book for a "test drive" to make sure it "fit" just right. Chris is going to be a great dad!

That's all for this week. Only 12 more left!

No comments: