Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Friday, April 24, 2009

Our Little Cucumber Part 5






With 10 weeks until the Stork above crosses the finish line and drops Baby Miller upon us (Hope WE catch him/her) Allison is entering into her 30th week of pregnancy and our Alien Baby now rivals a good-size cabbage in weight, tipping the scales this week at 3 pounds and is about 15 3/4 inches, head to heel. (I hope no one does any comparison to what I rival in weight...Chris now rivals a small elephant….or a large Sumo Wrestler and is tipping the scales at just over 2 tons...Not a good thought)

In addition to having a 3 pound cabbage riding in her midsection, Allison also has a pint and a half of amniotic fluid that surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as Baby Miller gets bigger and takes up more room in her uterus belly (Not all medical words need to be shared, name changed to protect the parties involved).

Baby Miller’s eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he/she is born, the eyes will be closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision (my vision after Lasik is now 20/15) — which means that he/she can only make out objects a few inches from his/her face. (I hope that is the same when the Stork drops off the Baby Miller, I do not want to scare my new child… How horrible would that be to scare my new baby the first time he/she sees me...Could you imagine seeing this bald bearded mug the first time you ever opened your eyes…Scary!!!)
The miracle of birth is something that I still have not been able to comprehend. Each time I read what is happening in the coming week I am just amazed with the entire process and how this little life has been created. Not to mention how my Wonderful Wife is doing through the whole process; if it were me I would be complaining and milking it for everything it was worth (ask her about when I am sick). Instead, Allison puts up with me (for those of you who know me this is no easy task), works a full time job, makes sure our house is in order (again for those of you who know me this is no easy task), and still finds time to carry our baby. Allison in case I have not told you...Thanks for putting up with me and finding the time to carry our child!


1 comment:

Kevin Sandlin said...

Man, y'all are funny. Can't wait to meet BM, whoever (s)he turns out to be. Chris, did you get hit in the nose or something?