Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Friday, May 1, 2009

Our Little Cucumber Part 6


Week 31 is now here and Baby Miller measures over 16 inches long. SHIM (She/Him) weighs about 3.3 pounds which is about like carrying four navel oranges (and is what the Intraweb says our baby is like this week). The little guy/gal is heading into a growth spurt. SHIM can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out (I have been doing a lot of that over the years) as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. SHIM is probably MOST definitely moving a lot too (so much so that last weekend at Church Allison got punched/kicked so hard that she actually came up off the pew. It was like in the movies where the superhero hits someone and they go flying across the room...how cool is it that we are going to have a Superhero or will it be a Villain maybe we could even have a Superhero Team like the X-Men (I am a bit of a mutant) or Fantastic Four (Allison is pretty and fantastic) ...Sorry, I think I got off into one of my daydreams (but maybe we could add Wolverine to the name list and maybe Baby Miller will come out with some crazy facial hair)). While I have been having dreams of adding a Superhero to the family, Allison has been having trouble sleeping because our baby kicks and does somersaults that keep her up (or it could be my snoring- Right, like I snore). The kicks, hits, and somersaults are all good as they are a sign that our baby is active and healthy (or it means that our Baby will be the Villain versus the Superhero...).

No comments: