Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Orange Kool-Aid and A Beat….

On Monday Allison had a doctor's appointment to be screened for gestational diabetes, a type of diabetes that can develop in some women late in pregnancy (usually after the 24th week), THAT'S WHAT THE DOCTOR SAID :)…She really enjoyed the oral glucose tolerance test, which involves quickly drinking a sweetened liquid (called Glucola-it looked nothing like any Cola I had ever seen), which contains 50 g of glucose and looks like Orange Kool-Aid. The body absorbs this glucose rapidly, causing blood glucose levels to rise within 30 to 60 minutes. We were told by the doctor's peeps that "Precisely 57 minutes after drinking said Kool-Aid (which did NOT seem to go down like Kool-Aid) the nurse would take her blood Hah, hah, hah ...a blood sample and measure how the glucose solution was metabolized" and let us know in a couple of days the results. Man I sound all official and stuff, but when they explained the above at the office it sounded like...blah…blah…glucose….blah…blah…Kool-Aid…test…blah...blah… But then I got on the old handy dandy Intra-Web thingy and looked it all up on my Crackberry.

Anyway the real reason for the post was that whenever we go in to see the doctor, they always listen to the baby’s heart beat. Monday was no different, but I decided to use my Blackberry (which I am never without) to record the sound from the monitor they were using. Yes, I know I probably should have left my Crackberry in the car, but we all know that I cannot function for more than 10 minutes 5 minutes 2 minutes without said Crackberry looking things up on the Intra-Web (mostly to prove I am right).

Ok, back to the reason for my post... It is truly amazing to hear the heart beat of our little Alien…Baby, so I wanted to share that with the two people that read our BabyMiller09 Blog. So for the first time ever and for the first time on the World Wide Intra-Web...Baby Miller performs in its first video “The Heart Beat” (the pictures are from our last post).



1 comment:

Bill said...

That is absolutely amazing !!! In one of the pictures it seems like you can see the critters face. I think Allison's looks are dominant---I hope they are !!!

Just amazing !!!