Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Little Cucumber Part 12

So my unborn child is very similar to me now since Baby Miller, per the progress chart we follow, says our “baby has really plumped up” and so have I. Shim is tipping the scales at 6.8 pounds (and I just hit like 390 lbs.) and over 19 1/2 inches long (and I have shrank and am now at 5 foot and 3 inches). Shim this week is just like a....WAIT FOR IT….WAIT FOR IT…WAIT FOR IT…Just like a ALLIUM AMPELOPRASUM VAR. PORRUM (That is Latin). The Alliaceae family of veggies include the brother and sister (or vice versa) to the ALLIUM AMPELOPRASUM VAR. PORRUM the Onion and Garlic and two other related vegetables the Very Rare Great Elephant Garlic and the Kurrat.



If you have not been brushing up on your Latin I am talking about that great but often forgotten vegetable the Leek. Yep my kid is a Leek (which I am sure that he/she will be doing a lot of once he/she arrives).

Baby Miller now has a firm grasp, which we will be able to test when we hold the little hand for the first time. It never occurred to me until just now that in a few days I will get to hold my child’s hand or have them grasp mine. What a humbling thought…Really to me it is such a surreal thing to think that I will be able to get to hold the hand of the new life that Allison and I have created (along with a little help). That first grab of their hand to mine will be the first one of many throughout the years. That little hand grabbing mine looking for affection, protection, or comfort from me. Wow!

The World Wide IntraWeb also says that Baby Miller’s organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb (Not sure if Allison and I are ready for their life outside the womb yet and I know I have not Matured enough but I guess there is no turning back now).

Another amazing thought that I had not thought of until I started writing this was what color eyes will Baby Miller have? It will be interesting to see but I never knew that we would have to wait 9 months for them to get their full dose of pigment to the iris for us to see if they get Allison’s Green or my Greenish/Blue eyes. Maybe Shim will get some really cool dark blue eyes or maybe hazel or gray.

It will be an amazing journey and I can not wait to hold their hand (or have them grasp mine) or to look into their eyes.

No comments: