Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Friday, June 19, 2009

37 Down, 3ish to Go!

We made it through another week, and we had a pretty major milestone: Chris and I attended a breast feeding class (for couples), and we didn't even leave early. It was an excellent class, and I highly recommend it to anyone who might be considering nursing, or other individuals who just want to learn about the cradle hold, cross-cradle hold, and football hold. I mean, seriously, I can't believe that individuals are required to take tests to be able to drive, and yet they'll let any dummy do this parenting thing. I just thought you held the baby so that his or her head didn't fall off and you were good. Man, are we unprepared for this...

We went for our second weekly appointment this past Wednesday, and again, much to my dismay, they told us nothing. I guess I was kind of hoping the Doc could give me an approximate 2 or 3 day window as to then we could expect SHIM, but I was sadly mistaken. Just the same old routine and we were sent on our way until next Wednesday. We did learn that my doctor would be vacationing away for the holiday weekend, so depending on when Baby Miller decides to come say hello, he might be greeted by a complete stranger. I'm OK with this though, as I feel confident that when the time comes, I'm not going to care who is calling the plays as long as he makes it all quick and painless. (That's right, I said it, QUICK and PAINLESS. It's possible...) We did get a good laugh when Dr. Joffe started telling us about the silly requests that some of his past patients have made as part of their "birthing plan". People are crazy (refer back to above point about not having to have a license to have kids...). Let's just say that while I thought the one lady's request for red wine during delivery was not all that ludicrous, I think I'll stick to the ice chips (at least for the first couple of weeks).

1 comment:

Family said...

It really becomes reality when the car seat goes into the car! I am getting so excited, but as summer would have it, I am having my grand girls in the mountains for a few days after the fourth and then Terrence and I are off to Canada for the week. We will be watching daily, on line, for news from the Millers. You will be in our prayers and we will be at your door steps to meet SHIM (this name is growing on me!) ASAP! Well, we'll give you a little time to get use to each other before we bombard you but we just can’t wait.

I love your blog! God Speed,

Merry