Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Friday, June 26, 2009

Hard to Believe...

I've spent the last few minutes reading back to the first couple of posts that Chris and I did on here, and it's really hard to believe that we've made it to week 40. I've been so blessed to have a relatively "easy" pregnancy, and I can honestly say that I am going to miss being pregnant. We're ready to meet Baby Miller (even though I'm not so certain that we're ready for what's ahead), and we're excited about having this new addition to our family. I have a lot of hopes and dreams for our first child, but my biggest hope is that Shim will have a love for the Lord, and that he/she will be surrounded with the kind of support system that Chris and I have found. We have such wonderful family and friends, and we know that you will all make a difference in our child's life.

Chris and I heard more of the same this week at Dr. Joffe's office (looks great, doing good, see you next week...). It's a little frustrating, but as many of you have pointed out, the longer this little bean stays in here, the more shim can grow (and the more time we'll have to await the arrival of the crib). We did make some major headway in the nursery this week- the curtains are up, and Chris proved just how easy it is to hang curtains on double rods in a house with plaster walls that are 80+ years old. He made it looks like something you'd see on the DIY network. Seriously. It was amazing, and it gave us something to do on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night...

A notable favorite from this week: I've gotten in the habit of waking Baby Miller up in the morning by singing "it's time to rise and shine and (clap) give God the glory, glory..." This is fun because I use my belly as the percussion in the song, and it makes Chris laugh. Wonder if shim will have an aversion to clapping and singing this particular song when shim gets here.

And so, with one week left on the 40 week plan, I am so thankful for what has been the most amazing experience of my life, and I can't wait to see what comes next!

2 comments:

Bill said...

It is hard to believe-but what a story and what a way to share it. THanks--

WB (Willie Bill)

Unknown said...

Any chance of seeing pictures of the nursery? I'd love to see how it turned out...