Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Friday, June 12, 2009

Another One Down


With week 36 having come and gone, Chris and I are starting to really feel the pressure. As the trusty Babycare website says, I am now considered "full term", and Baby Miller could arrive at any time! The "Eviction Notice" has been sent.
Of course we're completely prepared for that, and everything that needs to be done has been finished for weeks now in anticipation of the arrival of Deuce... (or, nothing has been done, the nursery furniture still isn't here, and Chris and I are holding on with all of our might to our "ignorance is bliss" mantra). Either way, we're getting more and more excited, and we (I) can't wait for shim to come on out! Sleep is no longer a restful experience, and turning over at night has become something like an Olympic event for me, so I will be happy when our little bundle is on the outside!
Week 36 brought with it my last day at work, for which I was very thankful. Summer has definitely arrived in Atlanta, and the heat has had an adverse effect on my already long-forgotten ankles, which has made it hard to wear cute outfits. With work now over, I can feel quite confident as I go about my days in "lounge wear". I'm hoping this isn't an indicator of how I'll "let myself go" once shim gets here.
Chris and I have started our weekly doctors visits now, and I think we were both hoping when we went to see Dr. Joffe on Wednesday that he would tell us the baby was on his/her way. No luck. We got the "everything looks good, see you next week" speech and were sent on our way.
This week has given me plenty of time to focus on washing all of the great baby clothes/ blankets/towels and other fun stuff that we've acquired over the past few months, and it's been fun pulling the miniature shirts and socks out of the dryer and trying to figure out the best way to fold them (without the use of Chris' handy folding board). It makes it all seem very real when you have a room full of neatly folded onesies, socks, and mittens, and it makes me so very thankful for all that we've been blessed with over the last 8 months. Looking back, I can't believe (ye of little faith) how far God has brought us since we first found out we were pregnant nearly 7 months ago. God is good.
So, week 36 in short: clean baby clothes, no more work for Alli, ankles that resemble something from the Dinosaur age, continued blessings from God, and sleepless nights.
Can't ask for much more than that.

1 comment:

Kevin Sandlin said...

You need to take some pictures of your ankles so you can look back fondly in a year or so.