Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goodbye Ankles, Hello Week 33

I'd like to take a moment to remember the ankles that I once had.


Seriously, this week marks something new in the pregnancy process. The swelling of my ankles, feet, and toes has officially begun (edema, they call it...), and I have officially become extremely thankful that it is flip-flop season (and that I am allowed to wear flip-flops to school).

Chris and I took a tour of Northside Hospital tonight, and I am happy to report that we lasted for the ENTIRE tour.  Not a small feet, I mean, feat, considering the fact that my ankles/feet/toes started to resemble some sort of main course at a family BBQ...  All joking aside, it was very informative, and I feel great about having Baby Miller there.  Chris is still joking that he and Steve will be quite comfortable in the lobby while they wait for Dr. Joffe to come out and make the "It's a ____"  announcement.  Looks like I might want to start seriously considering a back-up for my supportive husband...

It's so hard to believe that this part of the journey is quickly coming to an end.  I still can't believe that we're having a baby soon, and I am so thankful that God has helped us make it this far.


No comments: