Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Little Cucumber Part 7

So our “Little Cucumber” is no longer a “Little Cucumber” this week Baby Miller weighs 3.75 pounds and is about the size of a LARGE JICAMA and is about 16.7 inches long. Allison will be gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to Baby Miller. In fact, the baby will gain a third to half of its birth weight during the next 7 weeks as Chris Baby Miller fattens up for survival outside the tummy. Baby Miller now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). The skin is becoming soft and smooth as our baby plumps up in preparation for birth (if only I had the excuse for plumping up for the birth).

Maybe some of you are asking what in the heck is a Jicama? Well so was I. Google shows 387,000 pages dedicated to the ROOT (there are some people that have way to much time on their hands to be writing the Intra-web like that) and on Sally Bernstein’s website she provides a description of the root as "A stranger in the produce section...a lumpy, odd-looking creature…inert-looking blob… humble…homely in appearance”. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would say any of those things about a baby? I am dumb but even I know where to draw the line (yes, I am still learning how to do that). I do not think I have ever eaten Jicama but if you really are what you eat... then I am sticking with nice big STEAK (preferably from Kevin Rathbun Steakhouse, if anyone would like to take me I am available most every night) not some dumb “homely in appearance” looking root.

On a side note... (yes, I know that all my bloggings/posts on this here Intra-web are filled with side notes...Thank you so much for pointing that out!!!). Anyway, as some of you may have realized, this past Sunday was Mother's Day, and I experienced my first (Expecting) Mother’s Day. I like to think that some things take a bit of practice and that is what this first Mother’s Day was for me, a practice of sorts. Learning that this holiday was/is for expecting Mothers as well as established ones, is something that would have been good to know ahead of time (way sooner than Sunday would have been good. Allison if you read this...I am just writing a funny story I heard two weeks ago while shopping for your Mother's Day gifts). However, I may have pulled it out at the last second but I will most likely NOT get nominated for any Husband of the Year awards (good thing this was a trial run My Wife is so understanding). I think next year the execution will be much better and I am not expecting much a LOT for Father’s Day.

Back next week with another episode of As the World Turns “Our Little Cucumber”...

No comments: