Official Countdown

pregnancy due date

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Better late...


Ok, so we're a little late starting this blog, but better late than never, right?

Chris and I are expecting our first child in just three short months, and I think I can speak for both of us when I say that this is the most important thing that we've ever done- which is somewhat funny, because we have no idea what we're doing...

We found out that we were pregnant on November 10th, after I thought I had the flu. I had taken the day off from work, and Chris had to come home early to take care of me because I felt so horrible. After laying around for most of the day, Chris took me to CVS to get some medicine. While we were there, Chris asked me if there was any way that I could be pregnant, to which I immediately answered "NO" (while walking to the aisle to pick up a test). If you've ever tried to remove a product from one of the "spring-loaded" displays at CVS, then you know that one false move can lead to an explosion of said product. So, as I was trying to inconspicuously pull a pregnancy test from the shelf while (not so inconspicuously) flashing my wedding ring to anyone who glanced in my direction, I managed to set off a display of about 6 boxes, not unlike a the explosions I've seen at several Fourth of July celebrations. With little dignity left, we headed home where we quickly, and humorously, discovered that I was, in fact, pregnant, a fact that an additional pregnancy test (this time non-launched), and a visit to the doctor confirmed. Chris and I spent the rest of that week in a bit of daze, and in the weeks to come, we quickly realized that being pregnant is not the easiest idea to get use to.

And here we are 6 months later, becoming more and more comfortable with the idea that God has, without our even planning it, blessed us with one of the most amazing experiences of our lives. We've had a few "bumps in the road", but through the uncertainty, we've learned, yet again, that God is capable of anything.

Chris and I have been talking about starting this blog for months now so that one day baby Miller will be able to look back and see how much he or she was loved even before he/she came into this world. So here we are- writing about this journey so that our baby will be able to laugh at us one day, while realizing that some of the best things in life aren't always planned.

No comments: